Microsoft Teases Square Enix’s Outriders for Xbox Game Pass

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
outriders-key-art-demo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Square Enix

Square Enix and People Can Fly’s popular new RPG shooter, Outriders, is probably coming to Microsoft’s game subscription service in the near future. The potential addition stems from Xbox Game Pass’ official Twitter account, which tweeted an email from “Melissa McGamepass” alluding to a title that involves an “anomaly” and “mysterious signal.” Both of these keywords are present in one of Outriders’ official synopses.

“So much news today!” McGamepass’ email reads. “Hope you don’t mind if I add some more! (Although it’s completely unrelated to the other announcements.) That new game has been confirmed and is officially coming to the service! As always, keep this confidential. Before I go, I did have something I wanted to ask…has anyone else noticed a mysterious signal appears in the...

Continue reading...

I’ve complained a lot about there not being parity between Console and PC, and people keep brushing it off: “there aren’t PC versions for every game”

Nope.

I would like Play Anywhere for every title out there, but that decision is ultimately up to the publisher.

Square Enix knows that Outriders has a very controversial characters' choice roster, clone gameplay from Gears, etc. and ultimately, Outriders has not gain much love from gamers and its another (but much worse) Marvel's Avengers flop and its just in CYA funding mode to guarantee solid sales numbers.

Square Enix knows that Outriders has a very controversial characters' choice roster, clone gameplay from Gears, etc. and ultimately, Outriders has not gain much love from gamers and its another (but much worse) Marvel's Avengers flop and its just in CYA funding mode to guarantee solid sales numbers.
That is quite the assertion when the game isn't even out yet. Outriders isn't even a GaaS title and it plays nothing like Gears of War or Avengers.

That is quite the assertion when the game isn't even out yet. Outriders isn't even a GaaS title and it plays nothing like Gears of War or Avengers.
The combat mechanics very much remind me of Gears. It ha that big weighty feel to it.

As far as a comparison to Avengers: I think that may be valid looking at hype via sales... but it will take time to tell.

Given that they have set up many aspects of the game to be nearly identical to Destiny, I can’t imagine them going in a direction other than GaaS. I know S/E says no - but just because you have a single player campaign doesn’t mean you aren’t also planning on years of multiplayer content — I think they are just very gunshy of saying so following the mess they made with Avengers.

I would like Play Anywhere for every title out there, but that decision is ultimately up to the publisher.
Maybe... but Microsoft has a significant amount of influence in that decision...

Become a Patron!
Back