Microsoft to Allow Windows 11 Installations on Older PCs, Even If They Don’t Meet Recommended Hardware Requirements

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-11-pc-devices-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft has spent a great deal of time convincing Windows users that its next OS will only be compatible with select, modern hardware configurations, but apparently, that’s no longer the case.

According to a report from The Verge, Microsoft won’t stop anyone from installing Windows 11 on any decent system, including outdated ones that don’t fully meet its recommended hardware requirements. The only caveat is that users will need to download an ISO and install the new OS manually; upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 through Windows Update will not be possible for systems that have been deemed unworthy.

Microsoft won’t be recommending or advertising this seemingly unofficial and discouraged method of installing Windows 11, but this is excellent news for Windows users who are stuck on older rigs and wish to see how well the latest OS might run on it...

Continue reading...

Oh boy, and here I was hoping I can escape forced upgrade on my older machines at least.

Become a Patron!
Back