Microsoft to Raise Prices on New, First-Party Games for Xbox Series X|S in 2023: Starfield, Forza Motorsport, and Redfall to Cost $70

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has confirmed that it will be raising the prices on new, first-party games for Xbox Series X|S consoles in 2023, with Forza Motorsport, Redfall, and Starfield to be among the first to reflect the new premium, according to new statements that the company made to IGN.

See full article...

Huh, I didn't realize that Microsoft hadn't yet joined Sony and other companies in charging $70 for 9th-gen games at launch. Well, I still say the same sh1t I said about the other companies: they can charge all they want, but I don't grab most games I'm interested in until they're in at least the $10-$20 range, if not less. Often I'm paying less than $10 for games. We live in an age where a game can be 50% off just a few months after release. I was seeing games being sold for $5 on sale within 2 years after release. $50, $60, $70, those prices are all knee-slappers. I mean I guess they're still cheaper than N64 games in the 90s ($76 for Turok 1 at Best Buy), but naaaaaaaaw, Steam, GOG, Amazon (and other storefronts like GMG) kinda ruined things. Companies can't get away with those ridiculous prices anymore, except for the sheep who like to buy broken-@ss games at launch. But some of us been in this industry for most of the generations that videos games have existed. Our tolerance for bullsh1t has greatly lessened over the many decades. Even before Steam and others started throwing insane sales around, we always had "community demos" (and we still do). So yes please, go ahead and charge $70 for your brand-new game. Doesn't make one dang difference to me. If it's any good then I'll make my way over to it within a few years probably, and by then there will be patches and much more appropriate prices.

Become a Patron!
Back