Minecraft Preview Build Rolls Out for PlayStation 5 Owners

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Fans of the 15-year-old game have been asking for a native version for Sony's ninth-generation console for some years now and it looks like the wait might be ending. PlayStation 5 owners have been able to play the PS4 version of the game but its developers are now working to optimize it for the more powerful hardware of the PS5. Better late than never, eh?

See full article...

Super duper graphics.

Everything is still blocks.

Why bother in that case?

Just keep it the way it was when it was new, and let it run on absolutely any hardware.

15 year old Celeron with integrated graphics? No problem.

To be fair, I haven't even seen Minecraft since the kiddo was into it, but he more or less transitioned away from MineCraft into Roblox like a decade ago, and since transitioned into more competitive shooters since then, so I have no idea what it is like these days.

I still play Minecraft. Well actually, I didn't start playing until about a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. Haha.

Minecraft (Java Edition on the PC at least) can look really, really good with the right mod packs.

I still play Minecraft. Well actually, I didn't start playing until about a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. Haha.

Minecraft (Java Edition on the PC at least) can look really, really good with the right mod packs.
Is that really really good... For Minecraft. Or actually really really good?

Is that really really good... For Minecraft. Or actually really really good?

I did some googling. Apparently they've gone all in on RT?

Cool lighting effects, but everything is obviously still block based, or it wouldn't be the same game.

1719251990657.png

So I guess it depends on what you consider "good".

Become a Patron!
Back