Mining Performance of AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Reportedly Lower than GeForce RTX 3080

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-front-io-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Here’s a small ray of light for enthusiasts who are having difficulty finding a graphics card due to scalpers and miners. kopite7kimi has revealed that AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XT is only a little bit better than the Radeon RX 5700 XT in mining performance.

The mining perf of 6800 XT is a bit higher than 5700 XT, much lower than RTX 3080. Is that a good news?— kopite7kimi (@kopite7kimi) November 13, 2020

AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XT outperforming its predecessor makes sense, but it falling behind the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 seems odd. It was only...

Continue reading...

Question... would we love AMD a bit more if the initial driver releases and pre releases intentionally gimped mining performance on their cards so Enthusiasts had a chance to get them?

Question... would we love AMD a bit more if the initial driver releases and pre releases intentionally gimped mining performance on their cards so Enthusiasts had a chance to get them?
That would be amazing

I think its adorable when Enthusiasts think that AMD, Nvidia or Intel spends time thinking about them as anything else but a small revenue and PR source

I think its adorable when Enthusiasts think that AMD, Nvidia or Intel spends time thinking about them as anything else but a small revenue and PR source

Well actually young pc enthusiasts today are the IT engineers of tomorrow that know their hardware. If you work on IT its kind of surprising the amount of people between starting and engineering that simply don't know computer hardware or what it entails.

So for companies like AMD being able to cater to enthusiasts is only making their future life blood in commercial and enterprise IT richer.

I speak from experience as a 46 year old pc enthusiast that is also an engineer/architect in the IT space. And I'm a vocal proponent of amd hardware because I see the value and I use the value. Much of the IT organization is stuck on Intel but I'm opening eyes. And that is enriching AMD.

That is excellent news!

Fewer mining turds lining up to buy all the supply!

The worse mining performance the better!

Become a Patron!
Back