Mortal Kombat 1 Adds Experimental 60 FPS Mode on PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Mortal Kombat 1, a new installment of the fighting series from Netherrealm Studios that introduces a brand-new universe crafted by Fire God Liu Kang, has gained a new experimental 60 FPS mode that allows PC players with high-end hardware to enjoy additional parts of the game at frame rates higher than 30 FPS, according to the patch notes for a new update that rolled out today on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

See full article...

The game wasn't 60fps on PC?! Cuz MK9, 10, and 11 were! I mean they only had 60fps during gameplay, literally everywhere else, including some of the special moves like the X-ray moves, played out at 30fps, which was f*cked up. I figured by MK12 all parts of the game were 60fps, but apparently not.

"Experimental 60 FPS Mode on PC" - How daring and adventurous of them! Taking such risks!

I hope that K+M integration didn't cause the PC development team too much stress, overtime, and hopefully no one lost their life making it happen. Btw, can anyone verify if this game has K+M support? Can it run at 1440p or daresay 4K?

Seriously though whatever team leader couldn't get this thing optimized enough to run at 60 FPS on a PC with a current mid to high-end CPU/GPU needs to be locked in a room and forced to play ET 24/7 for a month. It's a fighting game for crying out loud. They are supposed to run at least 60 FPS at all times with such hardware.

The game wasn't 60fps on PC?! Cuz MK9, 10, and 11 were! I mean they only had 60fps during gameplay, literally everywhere else, including some of the special moves like the X-ray moves, played out at 30fps, which was f*cked up. I figured by MK12 all parts of the game were 60fps, but apparently not.
I was surprised by this revelation as well. Again, it should have been designed that way from the start. Locking a game to 30FPS on a PC is entirely unacceptable and has been for a couple of decades now.

"Experimental 60 FPS Mode on PC" - How daring and adventurous of them! Taking such risks!

I hope that K+M integration didn't cause the PC development team too much stress, overtime, and hopefully no one lost their life making it happen. Btw, can anyone verify if this game has K+M support? Can it run at 1440p or daresay 4K?

Seriously though whatever team leader couldn't get this thing optimized enough to run at 60 FPS on a PC with a current mid to high-end CPU/GPU needs to be locked in a room and forced to play ET 24/7 for a month. It's a fighting game for crying out loud. They are supposed to run at least 60 FPS at all times with such hardware.

I got it on PS5 since MK11 runs like dogshit on my PC so can't help you there, I did notice some FPS drops on PS5 though at times. Unreal engine ftw I guess.

It didn't even occur to me that a game can be locked to 30 fps on PC. I guess all the diversity hires at netherrealm have been eating away at competency.

Become a Patron!
Back