Movie Theater Owners Blame Black Widow’s Underperformance on Disney+ Release and Piracy

Sounds to me like movie theater owners need to reassess how to make a profit in the new world of streaming and theatrical releases.

Make new movies an event. Have staff dress up. Hire cosplayers. Have entertainment pre show. Sure charge more per ticket but make that more per ticket worth while. People going back to theaters now will pay a few bucks more a seat if you can make their experience unique.

Last edited:
Every time this thread pops up on my phone I see:

Movie Theaters Owners Blame Black
<insert line break here>

And I immediately think the next line is going to be something complete different than:

Widow Underperformance On

I don’t really know what I expect there, but it certainly isn’t Widow, and when I read what is actually there I breath a sigh of relief that it isn’t something racially tinged.

Imagine if you go to see black widow in a movie theater. Your ticket is 5 bucks a seat more than you thought. You walk in talking about cost then see a martial arts class of girls going through drills and sparring with each other. You have an instructor in uniform walking around staging a scene from the movie. If the theater offers seat food service you get people in uniform (something simple for this one like a Gi.) delivering the items. Maybe you get a 'secret' message in your popcorn that gets you some chacki item if you find it and turn it in or declare the code to your server.

Make the movie experience better by bringing it up to a more engaging entertainment experience.

Become a Patron!
Back