MSI Announces Its First PSUs, the MPG GF Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-mag-a850gf-power-supply-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

MSI has unveiled its very first collection of power supply products, the MPG GF Series. The lineup comprises three models – the MPG A650GF (650 W), A750GF (750 W), and A850GF (850 W) – all of which are 80 Plus Gold certified and feature Japanese capacitors. They also come with a 10-year warranty.

Interestingly, MSI appears to be teasing NVIDIA’s upcoming RTX 30 Series with this announcement. The company points out that these PSUs support “the latest NVIDIA graphics cards,” but we’re not sure if they come with an adapter for the new 12-pin PCIe connector (the specifications pages are all leading to a 404).

Original Press Release:

MSI ANNOUNCES ITS OWN...

Continue reading...

Laptops, monitors, now power supplies. Coming soon..... MSI washers and dryers, fridge, lawnmowers, giant enforcement droids, etc. I remember when they were just a 3rd tier motherboard / GPU company...

But I guess you have to branch out and in the words of Dick Jones, SVP of Omni Consumer Products....

1598581794056.png

It's the Japanese/Korean business model, why not Taiwanese. Businesses like LG, Samsung, Sony, etc etc. The more you can get under one roof, the more you can cross-capitalize.

It used to work in the US but we've drifted away from it, not many big mega-conglomerate companies left - it's died out in favor of the hedge funds and derivative trading. GE was probably the last of them (as well as one of the first of them). Makes me wonder how much longer Asian companies have before it drifts the same way, or if it is just another chip out of the American legacy.

It's the Japanese/Korean business model, why not Taiwanese. Businesses like LG, Samsung, Sony, etc etc. The more you can get under one roof, the more you can cross-capitalize.

It used to work in the US but we've drifted away from it, not many big mega-conglomerate companies left - it's died out in favor of the hedge funds and derivative trading. GE was probably the last of them (as well as one of the first of them). Makes me wonder how much longer Asian companies have before it drifts the same way, or if it is just another chip out of the American legacy.

We will see that when samsung starts issuing statements about their 'core business' and how they are profitable really except for 'this segment' of the business. IT's the same reason that Alphabet came to be the parent of Google. So they can detach the costs of their many other business ventures.

Become a Patron!
Back