MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card Review

Out of curiosity and without a want to search the forums. What did you upgrade from? I'm running a 6800xt and on the fence about a 4080.

It's in my sig, a 3080 which will now replace the 2080 in my 9900k rig.

Out of curiosity and without a want to search the forums. What did you upgrade from? I'm running a 6800xt and on the fence about a 4080.
I'd tell you to wait; mostly because of the price of the new hotness, it's probably worth seeing how the next gen pans out.

For Nvidia that mostly just means more performance, I think. But for AMD, there's a lot of work they could do to improve efficiency and improve RT performance, at least. And that will either provide better value the new cards or for the ones that are running a bit high at MSRP.

(but if you have to pick one single all-around good card that isn't the 4090, well, the 4080 is where it's at)

I have a SFF setup and when I get a new PSU I'd like it to be 12VHPWR ready. Not many of those around yet.
Saw quite a few around the Prime Day sales this last week. They're out there if you're looking. But there's another wrench in the works, as we're now getting a new "12v2x6" connector to replace the somewhat controversial 12VHPWR cable. Still waiting to see how this all shakes out on the PSU side of things.

Become a Patron!
Back