MSI Rolls Out 2020 Lineup of Gaming Desktops Featuring 10th Gen Intel CPUs and NVIDIA RTX SUPER GPUs

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
MSI-MEG-Trident-X-10th-1024x576.png
Image: MSI

MSI continues to upgrade its line of products with the latest 10th Gen Intel CPUs. It has an extensive line of premium gaming desktops featuring a wide range of high-end components. The newest upgrades to its lineup now includes NVIDIA’s RTX SUPER GPUs as well. Each of these is available in MSI’s three performance tiers: the MEG, MPG, and MAG.

MSI-MEG-1024x576.jpg

MSI-MPG-1024x576.jpg

MSI-MAG-1024x576.jpg

MEG Series...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the consist approach with the letter M

MEG and MAG are a little too similar sounding imo.

Slick looking form factor (if the game-y aesthetic is your thing.)

Meh... I mean cool they are getting in the market... But if I were to buy a desktop to game on I would go corsair and I would also need it today to be an AMD build.

BUT there are still plenty of people that want Intel gaming desktops.

It'll be interesting to see if MSI updates the MEG lineup again when NVIDIA's 3000 series comes out. Pairing the 2080 Super to an i9 10900K seemed a bit odd. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great card, and love the one I have with my 3700x, but a 10900K would really benefit from an x80ti card. Dan's review of 9900KF showed how the x900K CPUs are the best for gaming performance and pairing them with an x80ti takes them to the next level. I doubt somebody dropping that much cash on a rig will be concerned with a few hundred more for the difference but perhaps that is a decision made knowing the 3000's are around the corner.

I would also need it today to be an AMD build.
I agree especially when it comes to their other tiers. AMD by far and wide seems to offer the best value once you go below the i9's.

cool they are getting in the market...

MSI went all in with gaming Desktops and Laptops around 6 years ago. They nearly always are over the top with options, and price. I've actually got a MSI GT80 2QE Titan. Still rocks except SLI is dead but for those games that supported it, it is impressive to see. SOTTR's benchmark will avg 60 fps with all settings maxed in 1080p. Hilarious to watch nearly all 8GB Vram consumed then too. I upgraded the ram to G Skill 32 GB 2133 MHz and have 4 M.2's in it. Two are Intel for the OS in RAID 1 and two are SAMSUNG 850's in RAID 0 for games. Then a Seagate Hybrid HDD for Data. Thing is like a portable server/workstation. This is my last venture into excess with a laptop though. Just not worth it anymore.

MEG and MAG are a little too similar sounding imo.
I kind of thought the same.

Become a Patron!
Back