Netflix Cancels "Mystery Science Theater 3000" Reboot After Two Seasons

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Despite being well-received by critics, Netflix has opted to terminate its reboot of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The comedy show managed to revive itself after its original Sci-Fi Channel cancellation (1999) due to a Kickstarter campaign by Joel Hodgson, but sadly, after two seasons and 20 episodes, its time has run out again for b-movie fans. Hodgson has pledged to find a new home for MST3000.

Shortly after news of the show’s cancellation, Hodgson tweeted reassurance to fans that he’ll look to revive the series elsewhere. “If you didn’t see the backer update, I announced today that #MST3K is not doing a third season for Netflix,” he wrote late Tuesday afternoon. “It’s not the end of MST3K, It’s just the end of the first chapter of bringing back MST3K.”

If Netflix won’t run it, it’s dead. Netflix runs all sorts of crap.

I completely forgot this reboot even existed. Haven't gotten a chance to check it out.

Can’t you still catch it on Pluto? I never really cared for the show

Loved MST3K back in the day. Tried watching the revival, and I just wasn't feeling it. The cast doesn't have that chemistry, and it seemed like the writers didn't either.

Become a Patron!
Back