Netflix Is Developing a Live-Action Dragon’s Lair Movie with Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dragons-lair-dirk-daphne-1024x576.jpg
Image: Classic Gaming

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Netflix is working on a live-action film based on 1983 arcade hit, Dragon’s Lair. The protagonist, Dirk the Daring – a knight who battles Singe, the evil, titular dragon – will be portrayed by none other than Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds.

🐉⚔️HEAR YE, HEAR YE⚔️🐉Netflix is developing a live action feature adaptation of the legendary 80s arcade game Dragon’s Lair. @VancityReynolds is in talks to play noble Knight Dirk the Daring, on his quest to rescue Princess Daphne from the titular dragon.— NX (@NXOnNetflix) March 27, 2020...

Continue reading...

I am excited for this, despite the fact that it will probably reduce my brain cell count.

Man how I loved that game... Not sure why tho cause it was hard as hell and a quarter eating machine. But in the early 80's when arcade games were all the rage, there was nothing like this one and it always had the biggest crowds gathered around it.

I'll be interested in how it turns out. I've recently been rewatching Daredevil and that series is just absolutely superb! Longmire, Stranger Things.... Netflix can knock it out of the park when they want to. I'll remain optimistic about this.

If it was done in animation with the exact same style but Ryan's wit... maybe. But a live action Dragon's Lair? Nah man.

Reactions: _k_
Become a Patron!
Back