Netflix Launches Spatial Audio for Premium Subscribers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Netflix's Premium plan already offers what the company suggests is the highest-quality viewing experience available, with benefits that include 4K streaming and support for Dolby Vision, but members can now enjoy better audio, too. According to a post that Netflix shared today, spatial audio is now available to Premium members at no additional cost, enabling those who are subscribed to the service's priciest tier to experience enhanced stereo audio for a more immersive cinematic sound experience without the need for surround sound speakers. Spatial Audio is already available on 700 of Netflix's most-watched titles, including Stranger Things and Wednesday.

See full article...

Ok, I thought they always had surround / spatial audio on stuff -- are they just now tying it to the higher priced subscription that was required to get HDR/4K as well?

I'll be 100% with you. I had the 4k HDR tier and dropped it. I don't see a single difference in their content.

I have the 4k tier... way I figure it they will come after that tier last for password sharing anyway.

Become a Patron!
Back