Netflix Raises Prices of All Streaming Plans for the U.S.

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
netflix-games-android-collage-1024x576.jpg
Image: Netflix

Netflix’s streaming catalog continues to grow with headline-grabbing originals such as Red Notice and The Witcher Season Two, but subscribers in the U.S. will now have to pay more to continue enjoying that content.

As noted by Reuters in a new report shared today, Netflix has decided to raise the cost of all three of its streaming plans for U.S. subscribers. They include a pricier standard plan, which now costs $15.49 per month, up from $13.99.

Basic Plan: $9.99 per month, up from $8.99Standard Plan: $15.49 per month, up from $13.99Premium Plan: $19.99 per month, up from $17.99

“We understand people have more entertainment choices than ever and we’re committed to delivering an even better experience for our members,” a Netflix spokesperson said.

“We’re updating our prices so that we can continue to offer a wide variety of quality entertainment...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I just canceled my DVD plan too, to go streaming only. But I don't think I have watched more than a handful of physical disc movies in the last couple years.

And I just canceled my DVD plan too, to go streaming only. But I don't think I have watched more than a handful of physical disc movies in the last couple years.
Same here. The physical plan was nice, they have some older titles and TV series that aren't on streaming, and it helps build up the Plex library. And it was nice when we had **** for internet and couldn't stream in anything better than 480 anyway, so being able to get BluRay was much better than anything we could watch otherwise. But we had kinda gone through most of the older stuff we wanted to have after what, 10+ years of being subscribed, and now we can stream in 4K - makes it not so valuable any more apart from just juicing the Plex library up.

Become a Patron!
Back