New AMD AGESA Firmware Reportedly Disables Cores on Some Ryzen 5 7600X CPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X users may want to avoid updating to the new AGESA firmware that was recently released. According to a recent tweet from hardware leaker chi11eddog, AGESA 1.0.0.4 (SMU 84.79.204) will disable cores on some Ryzen 5 7600X processors, resulting in decreased performance. MSI and ASRock have already removed the firmware from their website, it's said.

See full article...

Oh wow... that's one for anyone with a 7600 for sure not to apply.

Reminds me of when Nvidia released a driver update that blue screened PC's on reboots. It was some years ago but I remember helping my friend roll back to an earlier shadowcopy version he had with windows recovery.

Oh wow... that's one for anyone with a 7600 for sure not to apply.

Reminds me of when Nvidia released a driver update that blue screened PC's on reboots. It was some years ago but I remember helping my friend roll back to an earlier shadowcopy version he had with windows recovery.
There for a while it seemed like it was every other nVidia driver that would just cause my computer to reboot. I still have the last 300 series driver on my computer stashed away somewhere as that one was a proven reliable one for me for a long time.

1673326849614.png

Become a Patron!
Back