New Animated Trailer for Outriders Released

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
outriders-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Square Enix

A new animated trailer for Outriders has been released. In it, we see the game’s heroes, called outcasts, being chosen as humanity’s last hope. They are sent out into space to find and colonize a habitable planet. Shortly after landing, things go from bad to worse as the planet kills most of them off. The remaining then embark on a journey to survive.

Developed by People Can Fly and published by Square Enix, Outriders is a story-driven RPG shooter featuring co-op with up to three players and four classes. The main campaign can last around 25 to 30 hours but could be three times based on the side quests, post-campaign, and other additional content.

Creative Director Bartosz Kmita previously said...

Continue reading...

It's kinda neat only level 4 so far but as a ranged support class it is kinda fun.

Interesting take. That is a phenomenally low bar to set.
You meant to say high bar? Because if I had set the bar too low, that would mean the game is even worse than I think it is.
You can read here why I think this game is that bad. The worst games I've played before this was sniper ghost warrior 3, battlefield1 and battlefield V, this easily dethrones all of them.

You meant to say high bar? Because if I had set the bar too low, that would mean the game is even worse than I think it is.
You can read here why I think this game is that bad. The worst games I've played before this was sniper ghost warrior 3, battlefield1 and battlefield V, this easily dethrones all of them.
Yea I got an hour into Andromeda and bailed on it as well. And the graphics are simple I just kind of took that as the new trend in video games. I mean... it looks better than tribes right? Lol.

It's kinda neat only level 4 so far but as a ranged support class it is kinda fun.
Technomancer was my first, as well, and I really liked it. Tried Trickster for my second and liked how the gameplay very much adheres to the class chosen. While the former requires a ranged touch and maximizing your gadgets the latter requires face raping everything to stay alive. I really like how they took the idea from Doom 2016 on needing to keep moving to stay alive and applied it to the class mechanic of an RPG, here. In this game you need to play the class properly in order to keep your health up. If you stray outside of that you will die quickly. I just hope that they have matchmaking working on release day.

I just got through the opening sequence. On PS4 Pro.

Defintiely not a day 1 title for me.

Controls are inconsistent - sometimes it’s O to move over obstacles, sometime it’s Square to
Interact and crawl over them.

Some cut scenes are in HDR, but pre-rendered sequences and most loading screens are not. Very obvious on LG OLED when the black doesn’t go down to true black.

Intro/Tutorial is pretty slow moving, story-wise.

On PS4 long load times, some tearing and obvious frame rate issues.

Seems like it’s desperately trying to be a saltier version of Destiny, but as of this demo it isn’t nearly as smooth playing.

But it does offer a demo ++

I really want to give this game a try if for nothing else than the principles the devs adhered to with its release. Glad you guys are chiming in with your own experiences and the whole spectrum of them.

The worst part is that it looks enough like Anthem that I keep wanting to jump and take off, but you can’t even jump - let alone fly - in this game.

I picked the tanky class and I like the health restore on combat, and the abilities felt weighty but (apart from just shooting) are slow to recharge and it makes it feel clunky to play. I was constantly trying to melee only to have it always locked out on cooldown, and trying to randomly spam with a shotgun that was equally slow to cycle between shots. Without the ability to jump (there is a roll, but again, it has a cooldown) it just didn’t feel like a well thought out shooter.

Become a Patron!
Back