New Concept Art for Next Mass Effect Game Released, Hinting at a Return to the Andromeda Galaxy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mass-effect-andromeda-key-art-1024x576.jpg

BioWare has been tight-lipped about its next Mass Effect game, but thanks to a newly released coffee table book, we’re starting to get a better idea of what the sci-fi title might look like.

Bioware: Stories and Secrets from 25 Years of Game Development includes three new pieces of concept art for the next Mass Effect. While the authors didn’t care to elaborate on any of them, one of the images (via Tumblr) includes architecture that’s eerily similar to the Remnant civilization introduced in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

The implication is that the next Mass Effect game might be set in the Andromeda universe and be a direct sequel to the 2017 title, which would be surprising, being that it is the...

Continue reading...

It can still be in the Andromeda universe as long as the story is good. They spent a while developing the new engine, might as well keep that one rolling. Doesn't mean we have to have the same characters either.

It can still be in the Andromeda universe as long as the story is good. They spent a while developing the new engine, might as well keep that one rolling. Doesn't mean we have to have the same characters either.
The characters are what carried the original trilogy, Andromeda, not so much. Still, the game has good bones, the 'universe' is well fleshed-out, and there's plenty of questions left to answer.

They really just need to apply the lessons we all hope they learned in order to get the series back on track, IMO.

I'm looking forward to this and the remasters. I played Andromeda all the way through for the 1st time last year after putting the 3700x rig together and finally had enough GPU/CPU horsepower to plough through it. Game wasn't perfect but definitely better than what I was expecting considering all the hate it received at launch.

BTW Andromeda has the unique distinction of being the only game I own that supports Dolby Vision. Tested it on the LG C9, and it's a wow! Downside is that it's also one of those WIndows/NV things where if something goes sideways the display driver will occasionally crash but looks great when it works. Hoping to replay this in 4K/DV/120 Hz once I'm able to score a Strix 3090. One last tidbit is that it does also support ultra-wide displays. Looks great on the CRG9 as well.

Andromeda was a solid game, end the ending was pretty good. I wish it was the worst game I Ever played.

They are kind of forced to make any new game in the andromeda setting. Going back to the milky way it would either have to be a very low key prequel story, or they'd have to deal with the ending of ME3, that I imagine they still don't want to touch even after 8 years.

However I'm not that excited for the remastered version of the old games. They seem to be making only minimal efforts, and I played the games so long ago, that the remaster will look the same to me probably.

However I'm not that excited for the remastered version of the old games. They seem to be making only minimal efforts, and I played the games so long ago, that the remaster will look the same to me probably.

Yeah, EA will find some way to fux it up. And they are probably going to want top dollar for the remasters, which they won't be getting from me. I already bought this stuff twice (360 and pc). But if it includes all the DLC and eventually hits the $10 mark.... maybe. DLC was the one area I was lacking in, outside of ME2.

The characters are what carried the original trilogy, Andromeda, not so much. Still, the game has good bones, the 'universe' is well fleshed-out, and there's plenty of questions left to answer.

They really just need to apply the lessons we all hope they learned in order to get the series back on track, IMO.

I largely agree with this. One of the biggest problems with Andromeda was the protagonist. Either of them just aren't as much fun as Shepard. They watered the character's actions down and all the dialog felt the same on subsequent replays. I can quote tons of crap from the original trilogy. Andromeda, not so much.

That aside, Andromeda's characters weren't really a problem. The main issue is that everyone compares them to the original trilogy characters looking at the series in its totality. Really, ME:A should be compared only to ME:1. On that front, it stacks up better than people give it credit for.

Become a Patron!
Back