New Infamous Title Rumored for Thursday’s PlayStation Showcase

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
infamous-key-art-cole-electricity-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sucker Punch

Sony will be hosting a PlayStation Showcase on Thursday that will give PlayStation 5 owners a peek at some of the next-gen console’s upcoming games. It’s unclear what titles might be shown at the event, but one rumor suggests that Sucker Punch fans could be seeing a new installment of one of the first-party studio’s most popular franchises.

According to Xbox Era co-founder and industry insider Nick Baker (shpeshal_nick), there is a possibility of a new Infamous game being announced at this week’s PlayStation event.

“Ok. Please take this one with a grain of salt because it’s one of the things I couldn’t get confirmed,” Baker said. “But because I like the series I’m hoping it’s true. But there’s a chance we could see Infamous make a return at Sony’s showcase. Fingers crossed.”

Baker’s tweet may not inspire too much confidence, but he’s not...

Continue reading...

Not bad, I always felt the series needed a proper Infamous 3, but honestly I would love for Sucker Punch to go back to Sly Cooper. I certainly won't mind a new Ghost of Tsushima though.

I could never get into Infamous. Despite the character's powers it still felt like the same bland, generic open world formula and I got bored with it really quickly.

Interesting. I've never heard of this series.

Some googling suggests it is a Playstation exclusive, which would explain why.

That and the fact that it is third person means I would be unlikely to ever play it.

Become a Patron!
Back