New Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season Two Trailer Teases Return of Sauron and Legendary Siege of Eregion

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Siege of Eregion, a key battle in the Middle-earth timeline that led to the war between the Elves and the Dark Lord himself, Sauron, will be featured in Season Two of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Amazon's latest attempt at bringing the Second Age of Middle-earth's history to life, set thousands of years before J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books, according to a new and final trailer for the show that Amazon MGM Studios shared today.

See full article...

It amazes me that they chose to spend more money on this given the reception of the first season.

It amazes me that they chose to spend more money on this given the reception of the first season.
I don't understand it either. Amazon harps season 1 as a success. Disney is losing money with their insistence of DEI agenda, but they continue to push that manifesto even when things burn around them.

I don't understand it either. Amazon harps season 1 as a success. Disney is losing money with their insistence of DEI agenda, but they continue to push that manifesto even when things burn around them.
That's OK, with Paramount's TV division being shut down there is a real chance they'll put a stop to garbage like the Starfleet Academy show. The tide is turning, its just not turning fast enough.

I tried to be open-minded about the 1st season and there were a couple of moments that I enjoyed and thought that I'd give the 2nd season a try but as summer rolled on I've since lost interest. The more bits that pop up for this show just make me want to skip it more. I'm just too tired these days to keep trying to watch things I don't enjoy.

Didn’t Disney just have an earnings beat and profit on Disney+? That hardly seems like burning…

God the wheel of time was such a fudging disappointment. NEarly ZERO fan service at all to those that had read the books. Just basically skipped to the end of the book series. Like seriously... What the ever fudge?

I admit I didn't even try to watch WoT. I've heard mixed things about it but I'm choosing sleep these days over trying things I think I won't enjoy. By the what was that CW/UPN series back in the 2000s that was based on the same books? I was trying to tell a coworker about how bad that was but couldn't remember the name.

I admit I didn't even try to watch WoT. I've heard mixed things about it but I'm choosing sleep these days over trying things I think I won't enjoy. By the what was that CW/UPN series back in the 2000s that was based on the same books? I was trying to tell a coworker about how bad that was but couldn't remember the name.
I don't think it ever made it off the ground.

Just figured it out after searching "fantasy tv shows 2000s", it was called Legend of the Seeker and I mixed up thinking it was a part of this series with a namechange (like when an exec decides their idea is better than the authors).

The Sword of Truth series is one of my favorite book series of all time. I couldn't bring myself to even attempt to watch Legend of the Seeker.

I tried to be open-minded about the 1st season and there were a couple of moments that I enjoyed and thought that I'd give the 2nd season a try but as summer rolled on I've since lost interest. The more bits that pop up for this show just make me want to skip it more. I'm just too tired these days to keep trying to watch things I don't enjoy.
There is nothing to be open minded about the first season. Trash story, trash characters, trash dialog, trash costumes, trash sets, trash cgi and so on. That's not even counting how they ignored and/or destroyed basically all the lore and timelines.

No matter how you view that thing it's an abomination.
God the wheel of time was such a fudging disappointment. NEarly ZERO fan service at all to those that had read the books. Just basically skipped to the end of the book series. Like seriously... What the ever fudge?
I couldn't even make it halfway through the first episode before I turned it off. My expectations were very low and even that wasn't enough to make it watchable.
Just figured it out after searching "fantasy tv shows 2000s", it was called Legend of the Seeker and I mixed up thinking it was a part of this series with a namechange (like when an exec decides their idea is better than the authors).

This was not a good show but moderately enjoyable if you didn't know anything about the books but it's a masterpiece compared to Amazon's Wheel of Time and Rings of Power. Even the horrid attempted adaptation of Shannara by MTV is better than WoT or RoP.

Become a Patron!
Back