Newegg Closes Loophole That Allowed Anyone to Buy an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU in Seconds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Newegg has closed a loophole that allowed frustrated enthusiasts to get their hands on a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card without going through the retailer’s seemingly impossible lottery system. As discovered by a lucky 11-year-old from Florida named Ricardo Santana, the Newegg Shuffle could be bypassed by exploiting the mobile app version of its gaming PC builder service, which allowed users to add “hot items” that would have normally been unavailable for purchase to their cart and check out, even if they were listed as “out of stock” (in Santana’s case, an EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra). Newegg has thanked Santana for discovering the exploit, noting that over 100,000 people try their luck with the shuffle for popular items on average...

Continue reading...

jeez. . . .

Now if only BB could fix their busted process. For a while, I had some discord channels that were monitoring it. I managed to dial in when to expect drops and it didn't matter. Crap disappeared in microseconds before I complete a purchase. By the time I could hit pay, poof! Eventually gave up but I did keep an eye on it. About the only real change I saw was that the drop times shifted and got pretty wacky but by then I had other things on my plate needing to spend money on.

At this point though, between the rumored Supers on the way and the 40 series coming in around 18 months, I don't have a lot of interest in getting anything for myself now. Happy to wait.

Become a Patron!
Back