News: Sneak Peak at MSI X570 MEG ACE

Then you might like this board I have been eyeballing.

I have no idea if it is actually going to be any good and have good overclocking and power delivery features, but I LOVE that it is "Not a Gaming Board".

Asus Pro WS x570 ACE

View attachment 15

I'm really hoping this one:

a) Does not suck

b) Does not cost 2x more because it contains the words "workstation"

Time will tell. It is my favorite thus far.

Side note: Asus should really proof read their marketing webpages.

On the page linked above, I found the following two gems:
  • ECC RAM only supported with Xeon processors (It's an AMD Motherboard)
  • The EPS power connection features "metal amour". (I guess metal love is a thing now.)

I just hope the chipset fans on x570 boards wind up being well behaved, quiet and pitch free.

It would suck to have to stick another restrictive water block over the chipset, and reduce the flow in my loop.

I just hope the chipset fans on x570 boards wind up being well behaved, quiet and pitch free.

It would suck to have to stick another restrictive water block over the chipset, and reduce the flow in my loop.

Not every motherboard has a fan on the chipset. Most seem to be going that way, but I'm told not all of them do.

So far only the TOTL Gigabyte seems to have omitted the motherboard fan. The rest I've seen do have them.

I was looking at the techpowerup website on how the 1080 and 2080ti scaled with PCIE lanes.

It seems that the 1080 saw close to 0% reduction moving from a PCIE 3.0 x16 to x8.

The 2080Ti saw about 3-4% reduction moving from x16 to x8.

I understand that different architectures will be different in terms of bandwidth requirements, but assuming that the performance / PCIE bandwidth usage between Pascal and Turing scales in a linear way, then does that mean there is a high chance that future cards past the 2080TI in terms of performance will be bottlenecked with a PCIE 3.0 x8 connection?

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back