Next Tomb Raider Game to Unify Timelines of Core’s and Crystal Dynamics’ Previous Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tomb-raider-underworld-lara-hanging-on-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crystal Dynamics

Crystal Dynamics has released a new video related to the 25th anniversary of Tomb Raider and its iconic lead, Lara Croft. Among the video’s community updates, nostalgic content, and other surprises, game director Will Kerslake revealed that the next Tomb Raider game will attempt to merge the timelines of all of the games that came before it, including the original titles from franchise creator Core Design. This seems like an interesting challenge, being that Crystal Dynamics’ reboot gave Tomb Raider fans a significantly different Lara (it served as an origin story, after all).

“We have big ambitions for the future of Tomb Raider. Our origin trilogy back in 2013 told the story of Lara Croft’s early days where she was forged into a survivor, became a hero, and ultimately, the Tomb...

Continue reading...

I'm thinking that those are from the storyline where Lara is trapped in the 1950's and after wearing out her wardrobe was forced to don' the "Bullet Bra" as that was all Macy's had left in stock ...

I didn't even know they were working on a next game. I thought the series fell victim to "not performing to expectations" .

Even if Shadow was not that great this is still good news.

I think I'm a part of the smaller crowd that likes the new trilogy along with some of the original games(I didn't play them all and even then it was at a time most of my gaming was done on the first PlayStation). Looking forward to whatever comes next.

It's a platformer nothing wrong with that. And they can make laura properly mature and well.. hot. I'm all for it. Though really all they need to do us use the engine from asassins creed and injet laura croft and a recovery story line and they are golden.

I think I'm a part of the smaller crowd that likes the new trilogy along with some of the original games(I didn't play them all and even then it was at a time most of my gaming was done on the first PlayStation). Looking forward to whatever comes next.
I had fun with the Trilogy, and thought SOTTR was pretty good. Worth the money for me.
SOTTR's story could have been less sappy but the puzzles were fun and the combat didnt suck. And it looked great.

Become a Patron!
Back