Nicolas Cage Says He Doesn’t Need to Be in the MCU: “I’m Nic Cage”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
There are plenty of actors out there who would jump at the chance of being in a big-budget superhero movie for Marvel Studios, but Nicolas Cage doesn't seem to be one of them. Speaking to Variety during the Miami Film Festival, where he was awarded the publication's Legends & Groundbreakers Award, the 59-year-old star of The Rock and Face/Off talked a bit about Marvel movies, explaining that he's aware of how popular they are but that he doesn't need to be in any for one specific and evidently vital reason: "I'm Nic Cage." That said, Cage mentioned that he needed to be nice about Marvel, since he named himself after one of the company's characters. Cage previously starred as the Johnny Blaze version of Ghost Rider, one of Marvel's most popular superheroes who can be identified by his flaming skull.

See full article...

Sounds like he's baiting them in to come get him, but honestly I hope that doesn't happen.

Sounds like he's baiting them in to come get him, but honestly I hope that doesn't happen.
He would fit better in a movie with Deadpool. Honestly.... Thinking about that and what Ryan Reynolds would be prone to do... Wow. In my head that feels very awesome for no clearly articulated reason.

He would fit better in a movie with Deadpool. Honestly.... Thinking about that and what Ryan Reynolds would be prone to do... Wow. In my head that feels very awesome for no clearly articulated reason.
That's about the only movie he'd fit into.

His first Ghost Rider movie had plenty of problems but it's decent enough; at least for someone who knows nothing about comics. I think two of the big problems were Eva Mendes' character and not doing enough with Sam Elliot. Eva Mendes was some nice eye candy but the character was a waste of time and added nothing useful while Sam Elliot's character was seriously underused. It was also a mistake to make the movie targeted at a younger audience which killed a lot of what they could have done.

Yea a version of ghost rider told as more of a horror than super hero.

I could see a child fearful of a kidnapper/abuser. One that has killed before. You see them hiding in the corner as ghostrider in green flame steps out of a wall and the kid looks at him fearfully. "You're fine kid I'm not here for you... But HIM" as the kidnapper walks in. (Gritty action scene with blood splatter even getting on the pajamas of the kid.).

Become a Patron!
Back