Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Coming to Steam on June 10

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ninja-gaiden-master-collection-covers-1024x575.jpg
Image: Team NINJA

Koei Tecmo has announced that it is bringing Team NINJA’s Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge titles to the PC. The classic action-adventure games are getting released in the form of a single package dubbed the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection, which will be available on June 10, 2021 on Steam. Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection will also be released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One consoles on that date.

“NINJA GAIDEN is one of the most important and monumental titles for the Team NINJA brand, but we haven’t been able to release the series title on current generation platforms, so I am very delighted to be able to release it in this format as a trilogy,” said Yosuke Hayashi, Chief Head of Team NINJA. “If you enjoy challenging action games...

Continue reading...

I remember the Nintendo version, that was hard as balls when I was young. A friend and I spent many weekends just trying to get through, and never did beat it.

I only played the arcade version. Lots of quarters spent. ;) ;)

I did finish the game with a "single coin" on MAME decades later.

Never thought I would see the 3D/reboot trilogy on PC. Games that stayed true to the arcade and NES games by being hard as all f*ck. But also sh1tty cameras, kinda buggy. I heard the 3rd one Razor's edge one wasn't that great too. Never played it myself. The first one was a good showpiece for the original Xbox hardware. If it wasn't for the difficulty, the bugs, and the infuriating camera, it would have been a pretty good and fun game. If you mastered that game's weapons and combo systems though, good gawd. And that was greatly expanded with the different weapons and styles in the second game. The dismemberment system in that second game on X360 I remember being kinda impressive too. I have friends who enjoy Nioh 1 and 2 (I haven't played either), and they can feel a bit of those three Ninja Gaiden games in them.

I remember the Nintendo version, that was hard as balls when I was young. A friend and I spent many weekends just trying to get through, and never did beat it.
I couldn't believe one of my friends beat the first game running on emulator on a tablet. He was using the f*cking touchscreen, and he made it through the first NES game. I don't even know how to process that. Maybe he can try a dance pad or guitar controller next, sheesh.

Yeah all 3 NES games were good. Very cinematic games for the time. Haha yeah those were the kinds of games where you had to make wishes with the Game Genie to get through 'em. I still got the first one with box, sleeve, and manual.

I only played the arcade version. Lots of quarters spent. ;) ;)

I did finish the game with a "single coin" on MAME decades later.
One of my good buddies owns this arcade game. All my experience with it had been through emulators like MAME. It was really something to be able to play it on the original hardware. I'm sure I have a picture of the arcade board around here somewhere.

Become a Patron!
Back