Nintendo Switch 2 Demoed at Gamescom 2023 with Visuals “Comparable” to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Eurogamer has reported that Nintendo showed up at last month's Gamescom 2023 event in Cologne with a Switch 2 console, giving select developers an early peek at its next-generation hardware behind closed doors. According to a complementary report from VGC, which claims to have its own sources who can corroborate the story, the Switch 2 was running The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience demo with NVIDIA DLSS and ray-tracing enabled, producing visuals "comparable" to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Nintendo Switch 2 is expected to be released in 2024.

See full article...

Looking forward to it. I regularly used a docked Switch as my 'backup' console for my PC, but when I switched to a 43" monitor, I found the Switch too blurry and it got relegated to the livingroom with a PS5 currently being used as my 'backup' console.

Steam Deck has really made me love the handheld scene and has me revisiting the Switch's handheld mode - which is very uncomfortable compared to the Deck.

I've got one of those grips ordered to hopefully alleviate hand cramping.

Still with the Switch 2 I hope they release a 'joycon pro' with the larger grips, sticks, and buttons but unlike the Hori pads, also include the standard joycon features (NFC, rumble HD, wireless, etc). Even better would be if they bundled the new joycons with the console (but left b/c for the older joycons).

Become a Patron!
Back