No Microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077, says CD Projekt RED

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microtransactions are a great way for companies to make additional coin after a game's release, but CD Projekt RED wants no part in that. In an interview with Gamespot, Krakow studio head John Mamais confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 would follow in the footsteps of The Witcher 3, which forgoed microtransactions for free DLC and big, paid expansions.

I think it's a bad idea to do microtransactions after you release a game. It seems like it's very profitable, though. It's probably a hard decision for the guy that runs the business to decide if we should do it or not. But if everyone hates it, why would we do something like that and lose the goodwill of our customers?

Good for them! There's a loooot of people waiting and building rigs just waiting for this game. With the way the internet works today any negative press like adding loot boxes would be disastrous for them. Witcher 3 worked out great.. why change it.

Really happy to hear that. This game has been at the top of my list ever since I finished the Witcher 3 and its expansions. Very happy to hear no micro transactions.

Become a Patron!
Back