Noctua Announces NH-L9i Low-Profile Coolers for 12th Gen Intel Core Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
noctua-lga-1700-low-profile-coolers-1024x576.jpg
Image: Noctua

Noctua has introduced two new NH-L9i low-profile CPU coolers for Intel’s latest socket, LGA 1700. Comprising the NH-L9i-17xx and NH-L9i-17xx chromax.black, they appear to be perfect for ultra-compact HTPCs and Small Form Factor (SFF) systems leveraging new Alder Lake processors such as the Core i9-12900K and Core i7-12700K. Both are available at Noctua’s official Amazon stores.

Image: Noctua

From Noctua:

At a height of only 37mm, the NH-L9i is ideal for extremely slim cases and, due to its small footprint, it provides 100 percent RAM and PCIe compatibility as well as easy access to near-socket connectors even on tightly...

Continue reading...

I'm not sure about a 12900k, I'm using one with a R5 3600 and it struggles with that.

I'm not sure about a 12900k, I'm using one with a R5 3600 and it struggles with that.
I think they are intended for tiny builds - like HTPCs and the like. Not exactly where you'd expect to run a full load high end chip w/o throttling

they appear to be perfect for ultra-compact HTPCs and Small Form Factor (SFF) systems leveraging new Alder Lake processors such as the Core i9-12900K
They seem to be suggesting that, unless I'm reading it wrong.
They are nice lp coolers, but I think they are only really for anything around 60w tdp max.

They seem to be suggesting that, unless I'm reading it wrong.
They are nice lp coolers, but I think they are only really for anything around 60w tdp max.
I think you are right, unless they designed these better than the AM4 versions.

Become a Patron!
Back