Now Laptops Are Ditching the Headphone Jack

So yeah I have some BT headphones, and at any given time I pull them out there is a 50/50 chance the battery is dead or nearly so. So I always keep regular earbuds in my bag too.

One time I was on a flight and somehow my trusty old wired earbuds got packed away in another bag. I did have my BT headphones and by some miracle they were charged. But then I had to pair the headphones to my laptop (99% of the time only paired with my phone). Have you ever tried to pair a BT device on a plane? It's nearly impossible with everyone else on the same flying bus also using BT devices. I was finally able to do it, but it must have taken 25 or 30 tries.

TLDR - not buying any device that lacks a physical headphone jack. Phone, laptop, etc. Nope. And I don't care if there is a dongle, all those are good for is getting lost. There is ZERO viable reason for omitting the 3.5 jack... it's all just a ploy to get you to buy new headphones.

I like wired everything, when possible. Less chance for there to be an issue. I'll take a USB or analog wired headset over bluetooth. I don't even like wireless mice.
I love the idea of wireless.

I absolutely hate the idea of wondering whether something is charged, or whether it will stop working while I need it, and then having to find the cable.

It ain't actually wireless until we can have as many devices online as there are IPv6 addresses per human and wireless charging has become neighborhood and skyscraper scale and is literally everywhere.

Become a Patron!
Back