NVIDIA’s RTX-30 GPUs Are Definitely Being Built on Samsung’s 8 Nm Node, Claims Leaker

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
jdsp-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-render-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: JDSP

Despite the hopes, dreams, and wishes of green team members worldwide, NVIDIA won’t be tapping TSMC’s 7 nm process for its upcoming lineup of GeForce RTX 30-series graphics cards. That’s according to prominent leaker kopite7kimi, who is “100%” confident about these Ampere-based GPUs leveraging Samsung’s less advanced 8 nm process instead.

100% Samsung 8nm(develop from 10nm) https://t.co/jYqkSYfku7— kopite7kimi (@kopite7kimi) July 2, 2020

Naturally, this can’t be verified until NVIDIA’s official RTX 30-series announcement (which should only be a few months away), but the allegation isn’t all that far fetched based on some of the previous rumors...

Continue reading...

I don't know, I'm not buying this 8nm "leak." I'd be surprised if Ampere wasn't on TSMC 7nm, is Samsung's 8nm even capable of producing a high end chip like GA100? Wouldn't the die size be even larger, reducing yields vs TSMC? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The more I read about these cards the less interested I become.

Meh who cares what the are built on really. Matters what it does.

It's a new chip on a new process for nvidia so should be interesting to see results

Become a Patron!
Back