NVIDIA and Microsoft Cyberattacks Traced to 16-Year-Old Boy in England

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Having penetrated the defenses of not one but many of the world's reigning tech companies that include NVIDIA, Samsung, and Microsoft, the key figure behind hacking group Lapsus$ must be some sort of grizzled veteran with years upon years of hacking experience, right? Apparently not.

Go to post

I'm predicting it is an AI or the teens were paid to act as the hackers. Look at what this hacking group has done and how they are doing it.
1. They are funded. There is real money behind these 'hacks'.
2. One of the key drivers to their success is they are PAYING people to access networks NOT give data. It's a thin line but I bet there are laws there that make the penalties orders of magnitude in difference to the individuals.
3. They are well organized... now maybe organizing raids has taught these kids how to do this right or it's just a thing. But Kids coming into and dealing with that kind of money and or noteriety are rare. And even more rare for them now to flash it somehow.

I suspect as I said before that these kids are being directed and paid to execute these actions for a separate 3rd party.

Me either but I would assume that if you are smart enough to do this, that you would also be smart enough to cover your tracks.
Thats the part that gets me. This looks like a kid taking a fall.

Me either but I would assume that if you are smart enough to do this, that you would also be smart enough to cover your tracks.
I … would not make that assumption. At 16, often the impulse to do something takes over the thinking through of the consequences of that action

Become a Patron!
Back