NVIDIA Celebrates First Year of GeForce NOW: 6 Million Members, 800 Games, and 175 Million Hours Streamed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-now-anniversary-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

GeForce NOW is only one year old, but the cloud gaming service is already shaping up to be a big success based on an infographic that NVIDIA shared as part of an article celebrating its first anniversary. In that short time, the service has managed to attract 6 million members and build an ample library of 800 games, 175 million hours of which have been streamed thus far. GeForce NOW also boasts 80 titles that are free to play.

“We’ve been blown away by the passion and fandom of its members,” NVIDIA wrote. “Over 175 million hours have been streamed and more than 130 million moments have been captured with NVIDIA Highlights. It is the gamers who continue to push GeForce NOW forward.”

“Over the past year, we onboarded hundreds of games and are now supporting more than 800...

Continue reading...

Nice to have a great alternative as GFN that keeps us connected with any device any where using our phones as a hotspot playing CP2077 at the hotel on business. trips

I do wonder how many are paid subscribers. :unsure: :unsure:

While nvidia is a recognized brand for game video cards, they are not to the level of their competitors.

I've read dozens of articles about gamestreaming and many of them don't even mention nvidia, its like they are not on the map, which is pretty weird considering its probably the #1 streaming service for PC games.

I suspect its because Nvidia doesn't want to give anyone a look behind the scenes. With the other 'services' that are out there, it's pretty clear nvidia is licensing their solution and probably providing the branding and backend hardware to their customers that are also selling a streaming service.

It would be interesting to see how the backend works... from outside we could get some good traces at the nvidia and other similar but not big services doing similar things. I can't remember the names of them now but I do remember a rash of them spinning up after Nvidia announced their gaming streaming megaservice.

I suspect its because Nvidia doesn't want to give anyone a look behind the scenes. With the other 'services' that are out there, it's pretty clear nvidia is licensing their solution and probably providing the branding and backend hardware to their customers that are also selling a streaming service.

It would be interesting to see how the backend works... from outside we could get some good traces at the nvidia and other similar but not big services doing similar things. I can't remember the names of them now but I do remember a rash of them spinning up after Nvidia announced their gaming streaming megaservice.

Mmmm no...

AFAIK rumors say nvidia pitched their solution to Google, but they went with AMD instead.
GeforceNow is managed by nvidia, its not licenced to other vendors, I read there are agreements with ISPs in Korea I think and some other countries to offer GeforceNow along with the internet service.

The fact that nvidia can provide a complete server solutions for other vendors is another issue.

Become a Patron!
Back