NVIDIA Could Be Launching Its GeForce RTX 3000 GPUs in Q3: AIBs Reportedly Rushing to Clear Current Inventory

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-flat-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

According to a now-removed report from China Times, NVIDIA is planning to release its first GeForce RTX 3000 GPUs in Q3 2020. The theory is fueled by reports claiming that AIBs have already begun clearing inventory of RTX 2000 cards, which would indicate that next-generation SKUs are right around the corner.

Here’s a copy of the now-deleted article, courtesy of Wccftech:

After NVIDIA confirmed that the delayed GTC 2020 theme speech will be held in mid-May, the graphics card market has heard that as soon as the second quarter of the third quarter, at least three new generations of Ampere architecture GPUs will be introduced, which replace the previous generation RTX 2080 / 2070 high-end graphics card series...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening.

I game at 4k on a Pascal Titan X.

The Pascal Titan X is mostly equivalent to a 1080ti when both hit their max overclocks.

The 2080ti gains ~25% on average over the 1080ti at 4k.

I have heard rumors (which are probably nonsense) that the 3000 series will be a 40% increase over the 2000 series, but if we assume we once again get 25%, that's a ~56% increase for me. That would be most welcome.

I'm listening.

I game at 4k on a Pascal Titan X.

The Pascal Titan X is mostly equivalent to a 1080ti when both hit their max overclocks.

The 2080ti gains ~25% on average over the 1080ti at 4k.

I have heard rumors (which are probably nonsense) that the 3000 series will be a 40% increase over the 2000 series, but if we assume we once again get 25%, that's a ~56% increase for me. That would be most welcome.
I read the same about the 40% increase and have doubts as well. Nice thing about having multiple rigs is an attrition plan. One of these would go into the 3700x rig while that 2080 Super would be inherited by the newly revived 2600k.

Good old rigs take a long time to die. Best part along the way are all the new parts they get to enjoy!

I really hope so, it'll be just in time for my birthday.
I just finished a new build but I'm still using my old launch ROG Strix 1080GTX as I'm waiting for the 3000 series.

if that's accurate looks like I'm waiting until Q4. Only thing I'd consider would be the 3080Ti. Or whatever AMD has up their sleeve.

I read the same about the 40% increase and have doubts as well. Nice thing about having multiple rigs is an attrition plan. One of these would go into the 3700x rig while that 2080 Super would be inherited by the newly revived 2600k.

Good old rigs take a long time to die. Best part along the way are all the new parts they get to enjoy!

That's how I used to keep my stepsons rig modern.

Then this **** Pascal Titan X lasted me for over four years, so I broke down and bought him a 2060 Super over the holidays.

Edit:
The profanity filter is really strong on this site. It keeps filtering out words I don't even usually consider profanity...

The profanity filter is really strong on this site. It keeps filtering out words I don't even usually consider profanity...

Sorry about that - I may lift/remove that soon. We got rejected from an ad network provider without them saying why (before we got in with the current one) and I suspected that the words from here replicating to the front page comments may have had something to do with it, so I did a bit of filtering. Speaking with the current ad network, they say it shouldn't be an issue, so the censoring will likely disappear soon...

Become a Patron!
Back