NVIDIA DLSS Source Code Leaked, Hackers Also Threaten to Release Bypass for GeForce RTX 30 Series Hash Rate Limiter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dlss-2.0-visual-futuristic-suit-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Has Jensen fired his entire security department yet?

Following initial reports of a cyber attack from last week, the prized source code for NVIDIA’s deep learning super sampling technology has now purportedly leaked, according to a screenshot that an “anonymous tipster” sent to TechPowerUp.

Prompting jokes of DLSS going open source, the screenshot shows what the publication claims is a list of key DLSS files—the latest 2.2 version, no less—something that could be handy to competitors that are looking to gain an edge with their own upscaling solutions.

Image: TechPowerUp

NVIDIA DLSS Source Code Leaked...

Continue reading...

I'm sure Nvidias threat counter intelligence team will claim this data is wrong and actually a honeypot target.

So, they hack themselves, create a sensational story, keep elevated GPU prices.........

So, they hack themselves, create a sensational story, keep elevated GPU prices.........
I doubt they hacked themselves and leaked that - it wouldn't garner as much sympathy as it seems to indicate lack of security. That works counter to what they would want.

But I bet a lot of the info the hackers got was very early developmental or just thought pieces and not really indicative of actual hardware that will be shipping.

I know in my industry, I may work up 20 or more designs before we actually move forward with one for construction. And that isn't including all the clients we work on projects for that don't move forward.

I doubt they hacked themselves and leaked that - it wouldn't garner as much sympathy as it seems to indicate lack of security. That works counter to what they would want.

But I bet a lot of the info the hackers got was very early developmental or just thought pieces and not really indicative of actual hardware that will be shipping.

I know in my industry, I may work up 20 or more designs before we actually move forward with one for construction. And that isn't including all the clients we work on projects for that don't move forward.
Oh I know, I was being factitious.

If they had the ability to remove the hash rate limiter they would have done it by now instead of threaten it.

We're talking hackers who's main source of income is probably crypto currency...
Actually if they could remove the hash rate limiters they would do it just for their cards because as more crypto coin is mined the more hash rate is needed to mine the next one. Giving themselves an edge while others want it is actually better for them.

If they had the ability to remove the hash rate limiter they would have done it by now instead of threaten it.

We're talking hackers who's main source of income is probably crypto currency...
I agree. They might have the code for the limiter but can’t crack it, but I bet they have incomplete data or are missing something key after seeing this latest:

Become a Patron!
Back