NVIDIA Elaborates on Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0 Support for Cyberpunk 2077

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-daytime-city-shot-1024x576.jpg

Those of you who watched CD PROJEKT RED’s new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer today may be wondering how the open-world RPG manages to look so **** good. Well, much of that is attributed to the beauty of ray tracing. As NVIDIA explains in its latest blog post, Cyberpunk 2077 happens to flaunt four separate types of ray-traced effects: ray-traced diffuse illumination, ray-traced reflections, ray-traced ambient occlusion, and ray-traced shadows. All of these culminate into a lifelike picture that boasts eerily realistic lighting. Here’s how NVIDIA has described them:

Ray-Traced Diffuse Illumination – This captures sky...

Continue reading...

I have to say... that is impressive, and it makes me wonder what sort of system they recorded the demo footage on. Was it a RTX 2080 titan, running with a 16 core 3900x under peltier cooling with a NVME PCIE 4.0x4 pair of drives in raid zero all to push the game at 1080p for capturing a demo?? Or was it something more realistic?

I have to say... that is impressive, and it makes me wonder what sort of system they recorded the demo footage on. Was it a RTX 2080 titan, running with a 16 core 3900x under peltier cooling with a NVME PCIE 4.0x4 pair of drives in raid zero all to push the game at 1080p for capturing a demo?? Or was it something more realistic?
That is a good question. SLI is dead but they did support it on The Witcher 2 and 3. There's no real reason for them to continue doing so with this but anything is possible. The thing is that I don't know if RT can be done with SLI. Can you imagine a game like this supporting it with two, or more, of those Titan's? Maybe they got a hold of an Ampere card. It would be in NV's best interest to hook 'em up ahead of schedule and ride this gravy train too.

Become a Patron!
Back