NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Graphics Cards Hit $2,400 on eBay

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Pricing for NVIDIA’s popular GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards have ascended to insane levels on popular auction sites. The ludicrous amounts of money that users are apparently willing to pay (or, at least, bid on) was highlighted by PC Mag’s Michael Kan earlier this week, who published a story about how scalpers were now charging enthusiasts over $2,000 for green team’s flagship Ampere GPUs. Analysis provided by Chicago-based data engineer Michael Driscoll suggests up to a 243 percent increase over MSRP ($699 vs. $2,400).

“Since mid-September, scalpers have been reselling the RTX 3080 on eBay for around $1,300 to $1,500, which is almost double the original $699 to $869 cost, depending on the model,” Kan...

Continue reading...

You can buy an RTX 3090 for that at scalpers prices. It makes no ****ing sense to buy a 3080 for the same money.

Makes no @#$%ing sense to buy the 3080 at 1400-1500 either! The whole system is @#$%ed up right now.

You can buy an RTX 3090 for that at scalpers prices. It makes no ****ing sense to buy a 3080 for the same money.
The last few 3090s I’ve seen in stock are going for $5k+

The last few 3090s I’ve seen in stock are going for $5k+

They were all $2,500 to $3,000 on eBay as of late yesterday. The only ones I saw going for close to $5K were the factory water cooled cards like the ASUS EKWB model.

truely FUBAR.......
Sadly not even a game out currently you need/want the 3080.
I'll quit gaming before paying these stupid prices.

truely FUBAR.......
Sadly not even a game out currently you need/want the 3080.

Wrong. I don't know where people get these kinds of ideas, but this simply isn't true. I'm gaming at 4K, and I need all the performance I can get. A 3080 wasn't enough and frankly, if a card came out that was faster than an RTX 3090 by a decent amount, I'd buy one as soon as possible.

Wrong. I don't know where people get these kinds of ideas, but this simply isn't true. I'm gaming at 4K, and I need all the performance I can get. A 3080 wasn't enough and frankly, if a card came out that was faster than an RTX 3090 by a decent amount, I'd buy one as soon as possible.

Just curious.. want I fully understand. But how is a gaming card a need? Did I miss something?

But those prices are really bonkers and the only reason they are appearing is the next round of stimulus checks and tax returns.

Just curious.. want I fully understand. But how is a gaming card a need? Did I miss something?

But those prices are really bonkers and the only reason they are appearing is the next round of stimulus checks and tax returns.

Seriously? That's the route we are going with this? No one is suggesting that such cards are needs along the same lines as food, water and shelter. In terms of playing games or even some professional needs, there is a *need* for cards as powerful as the RTX 3090. Even an RTX 2080 Ti, and by extension all pre-30 series cards weren't exactly ideal for 4K gaming.

At what price though, that's the question.

Scalpers be Scalpin'. As long as dumb hosers keep paying these insane prices there is no incentive for them not to. sad face.

Become a Patron!
Back