NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Photo Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
geforce-rtx.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

A user on China’s Chiphell forums (via HXL) has posted a purported photo of NVIDIA’s upcoming GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. Assuming that this isn’t just a really convincing fake, green team has gone for a potentially polarizing, hourglass-like shroud/cooler design for the 3000 series. Strangely, this card (which is most likely an engineering sample) appears to feature only a single fan.

RTX 3080??🤔https://t.co/arLfHmxT90 pic.twitter.com/JF73FUN9OM— HXL (@9550pro) June 6, 2020

Continue reading...

Looks like a fan on the top and another on the bottom. I dunno, I try to play it cool when new hardware leaks out (allegedly) but I can already feel that upgrade itch starting to come back.

Be strong SeymourGore!! be Strong! We need to see if Team red has a competitor before we back team green!!!

I was looking at this design some more. A couple of thoughts.

1. memory layout must be going for both sides of the PCB now or the die shrink as drastically reduced footprint. (I'm going with memory on both sides with active cooling on both sides as well.)

2. this design is destined to pump a lot of heat back into the case. How much is a lot I don't know of course but that's just my take.

I was looking at this design some more. A couple of thoughts.

1. memory layout must be going for both sides of the PCB now or the die shrink as drastically reduced footprint. (I'm going with memory on both sides with active cooling on both sides as well.)

2. this design is destined to pump a lot of heat back into the case. How much is a lot I don't know of course but that's just my take.
Someone else had similar thoughts on their forum:
1591461794919.png

Doesn't it seem weird to anyone else that the brand writing on the heatsink is upside down? :p

1591464798747.png

Don't really care.

For any real builds, the stock cooler will only be used once, to power it up and make sure it is working before the stock cooler is ripped off and the water block is installed :p

I mean another weird thing with this is that NV has had a long time to work on prototypes. We're likely only 3-4 months away from an actual reveal or release so you'd think that these things were already in production. Why would a half baked looking prototype be floating around now?

The only thing I do see is that it will still be financially out of my reach.
Hehe, I guess im on the same boat. Im a pc gamer at heart, but now im at 100% console gaming. So at heart is all that is left...

The only thing I do see is that it will still be financially out of my reach.
Back when I got my 2 x 1080's I'd started a cycle of saving 1-2 years in advance for GPUs. It's ridiculous but the only way I can make it happen for these kinds of cards. I even start telling my wife 6-9 months in advance that one is coming up just to keep her from freaking out when I get one. Granted this story is about a potential 3080 but I'm holding out for either a 3080TI or Big Navi depending on true specs/prices.

Become a Patron!
Back