NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and GeForce RTX 3050 Referenced In New HP Drivers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-angled-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

LaptopVideo2Go’s StefanG3D has published details for a recent HP driver that seem to confirm various new GeForce RTX 30 Series models planned by NVIDIA. These include the oft-rumored GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, as well as a GeForce RTX 3050 and GeForce RTX 3060 mobile GPU with Max-Q technology.

NVIDIA_DEV.1FBB = “NVIDIA Quadro T500”NVIDIA_DEV.2205 = “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti”NVIDIA_DEV.2235 = “NVIDIA RTX A40”NVIDIA_DEV.2321 = “NVIDIA GA103”NVIDIA_DEV.2501 = “NVIDIA GA106”NVIDIA_DEV.2505 = “NVIDIA GA106”NVIDIA_DEV.2520 = “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile / Max-Q”NVIDIA_DEV.2583 = “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050”

The device correlations stem from a PCI ID repository managed by T4CFantasy. According to...

Continue reading...

I'd say that this all but seals the deal that non-RTX Geforce will be a thing anymore. Granted anything is possible but if NVIDIA is developing this much of an RTX product stack it'd be a bit of a surprise they offer a non-RTX GeForce line still. As is, it was already heavily scaled back with Turing. Only time will tell though.

I'd say that this all but seals the deal that non-RTX Geforce will be a thing anymore. Granted anything is possible but if NVIDIA is developing this much of an RTX product stack it'd be a bit of a surprise they offer a non-RTX GeForce line still. As is, it was already heavily scaled back with Turing. Only time will tell though.
I'm all for pushing RT to the 'bottom' of the mid-range stack, but it's hard to imagine it being of any use for a hypothetical '1030' successor.

But the ML, DLSS, and transcoding stuff is definitely useful all the way down. I doubt I'd ever use RT on my XPS 15 with a 1650Ti, but I'd sure like DLSS!

I'm all for pushing RT to the 'bottom' of the mid-range stack, but it's hard to imagine it being of any use for a hypothetical '1030' successor.

But the ML, DLSS, and transcoding stuff is definitely useful all the way down. I doubt I'd ever use RT on my XPS 15 with a 1650Ti, but I'd sure like DLSS!
I have a feeling they could be waiting to see if AMD goes all out for low-mid tier cards. Right now they're aiming high so NV is keeping as many players on the field as they can. If we see AMD, or even Intel, roll out things much further down it could change things a bit.

Become a Patron!
Back