NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 SUPER Specifications Allegedly Leaked: 10,752 CUDA Cores, Over 400-Watt TGP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-badge-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

It was rumored earlier this summer that NVIDIA would be releasing SUPER-charged versions of its hugely popular GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards. Reputable leaker Greymon55 has now shared some of the purported specifications for one of its revised flagships, the GeForce RTX 3090 SUPER.

According to Greymon55, the new SUPER-charged “BFGPU” will feature 10,752 CUDA cores. This is a notable and welcome increase over the standard GeForce RTX 3090, which already boasts 10,496 CUDA cores.

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 SUPER is also said to feature a graphics card power rating of over 400 watts. This is also a notable (but far less amusing) increase over the GeForce RTX 3090, which features a graphics card power rating of 350 watts and calls for a 750-watt or higher PSU.

Being that NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3090 already carries an MSRP of $1,499...

Continue reading...

whoa! 256 more Cuda cores. I wonder if NVIDIA will call this a $16K, I mean 16K card?

This card just seems like a waste of time IMO.
I have to agree but I'm also lucky enough already have a 3090. If I didn't it would be on my radar if the MSRP was the same as the non-super at launch and I could get one close to that price.

The one thing I am curious about though is the mem specs. Last year's rumor was that they would switch to 2 GB modules that used less power and potentially ran faster. That could impact how much further these things can OC in combination with the increased TDP. Those extra 256 cores want to make me laugh but maybe that's the whole kit-n-kaboodle for the GPU, although I doubt it.

edit: oops, just saw Tsing's story from yesterday about the mem specs. Didn't get to look at anything yesterday due to cooking for the family after work.

Last edited:
I have to agree but I'm also lucky enough already have a 3090. If I didn't it would be on my radar if the MSRP was the same as the non-super at launch and I could get one close to that price.

I was fortunate to get a 3090 myself, so I know what you mean. I just don't see where this is much of a gain over the 3090, unless of course it's more readily available, but that remains doubtful.

If they wanted to make a splash with it they would price it 100 more than the 3080ti. Yes... less than the current 3090. Then come in and retire the 3090 sku because why is it there?

Become a Patron!
Back