NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series May Include a Flagship Model with 900-Watt TGP, 48 GB of GDDR6X Memory, and Dual 16-Pin Power Connectors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The power demands of NVIDIA's endmost next-generation GeForce flagship could turn out to be way, way higher than anyone might've imagined. That's according to the latest report from leaker kopite7kimi, who is now claiming that green team is mulling a graphics card that leverages the full AD102 GPU and features a relatively insane 900-watt TGP—300 watts higher than the already uncomfortable number that's been rumored for the GeForce RTX 3090.

Go to post

This crap ain't making a lick of sense. Sure, its like 1000hp cars.. I guess. :/

I think they're just trolling now. Soon you'll need a dedicated 30 amp circuit for your PC.

I mean, if you are just throwing out rumors you may as well crank it to 11.

Why not 1.21 Jigawatts?

I just don't get it! Improved architecture just to blow up the wall receptacle?! WTF!

These leakers should really need to do the math when "leaking" specs.

16gb on the 4080 would likely mean a 256 bit bus hence a huge drop on bandwidth. The 3080 has a 320 bit bus IIRC, so even with the faster ram speed, you are talking of about 25% lower bandwidth just by the memory bus so at best it would reach parity on bandwidth.

The 4070 would be even worse at a 192 bit bus.

Last edited:
The power demands of NVIDIA's endmost next-generation GeForce flagship could turn out to be way, way higher than anyone might've imagined. That's according to the latest report from leaker kopite7kimi, who is now claiming that green team is mulling a graphics card that leverages the full AD102 GPU and features a relatively insane 900-watt TGP—300 watts higher than the already uncomfortable number that's been rumored for the GeForce RTX 3090.

Go to post
Is that a typo? The other day it was TBP, and now TGP. Also what´s with the 3090 :confused:

Is that a typo? The other day it was TBP, and now TGP. Also what´s with the 3090 :confused:
Yea that's kind of odd. Especially with them boasting about the better tech for their chip manufacture. It's all a quagmire of guesswork.

Become a Patron!
Back