NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Is up to 12% Faster than Standard Models, According to Leaked Performance Comparisons

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The I_Leak_VN account has shared a leaked slide from a recent presentation that shows how NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series supposedly fares against their standard counterparts in the performance department. The GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER appears to lead the way in terms of improvements, while the fewest gain is seen with the GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER.

See full article...

I expected more than that, in the 20-30% range. In a way I'm kind of relieved, because it means I didn't loose out on much by buying the 4080.

I expected more than that, in the 20-30% range. In a way I'm kind of relieved, because it means I didn't loose out on much by buying the 4080.
These incremental series upgrades never see those kind of improvements. That's generational.

And, yeah, you didn't lose out, at least with the 4080. Aside from slightly higher clocks the specs are identical. And the lower price, but that remains to be actually seen.

This wouldn't make me upgrade my 4080 for sure.
Why would you? Specs between the 4080 and 4080 Super are identical aside from a clock bump on the Super. Overclock your card, boom, you have a Super.

The price reduction is the best part of the 4080 Super, although it's still overpriced, in my opinion.

Why would you? Specs between the 4080 and 4080 Super are identical aside from a clock bump on the Super. Overclock your card, boom, you have a Super.

The price reduction is the best part of the 4080 Super, although it's still overpriced, in my opinion.
There are more Cuda cores on the 4080 super, in addition to the faster clocks

There are more Cuda cores on the 4080 super, in addition to the faster clocks
9728 vs 10240 cuda core, and a clock of 2.51 Ghz vs 2.55 Ghz. It's less than 5% difference.

The remaining specs are the same. I doubt that's going to amount to any noticeable performance difference at all, maybe 1-3% at most. GN went in to detail on it.

The 4070 to 4070 Super has the largest jump in cuda cores. And the 4070 Ti to 4070 Ti Super should show the largest improvement in performance with a 10% increase in cuda cores and jumping from 192 to 256 bit memory bus.

Honestly if you had a 4080 you're good. If you were waiting for the 4080 to drop to or below 1k NOW you buy a 4080 super and rock that.

edit: Provided you can find one for MSRP at retail.

I am not debating performance at this time, I haven't tested it yet.

I am just saying, that if one claims that the specs between the 4080 and SUPER are "identical", then that would be incorrect. There is a CUDA core increase, a clock speed increase, and a memory clock speed increase, that is what is factually true. Performance, we will see...

In case of the 4080 you get a little more performance for less money, seems win win to me.
On paper the biggest win there is the price decrease. But that remains to be seen. The performance increase will be negligible considering what is presented, on paper. 3-5%, if that. Who knows what retailers are going to charge for these cards. They sure are heck haven't reduced pricing on the existing 4080's.

They sure are heck haven't reduced pricing on the existing 4080's.
I paid 1.299€ for my 4080 which is a lot, but they started out around 1.800€ mark with some models like the strix going well over 2k€ so they did come down in stores while maybe not on the official MSRP

They sure are heck haven't reduced pricing on the existing 4080's.
They never do. At least here in Hungary there were still lingering stock of 3090-s and 3090ti-s priced almost peak shortage prices when I got my 4080 for €1400. Even now there is a listing of a 3090 at €3500.

Become a Patron!
Back