NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Rumored to Offer GeForce RTX 3070 Performance for under $500

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Fresh rumors regarding the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti, one of NVIDIA's next Ada Lovelace graphics cards, have surfaced today. According to a report from MyDrivers, the GPU will cost under $500, something that suggests it could be more expensive than its predecessor, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, which launched for $399. That said, it could offer a surprising level of performance, with leaker kopite7kimi now claiming that the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti will be just as powerful as a GeForce RTX 3070.

See full article...

That doesn't impress me much, the 2080ti will be 5 years old almost by the time this comes out, and it offered similar performance.

Great news: New you can upgrade to 5 year old performance only for $500.

That doesn't impress me much, the 2080ti will be 5 years old almost by the time this comes out, and it offered similar performance.

Great news: New you can upgrade to 5 year old performance only for $500.
And the 2080ti wasn’t a huge upgrade over the 1080ti. That means my launch day 1080ti purchase still has meaningful performance compared to the current stack almost 7 years and 3 generations later. I’m not sure if that is exciting or depressing.

So… 3070 performance for 3070 price. That is progress
What was the “real” sales price of the 3070, not the fake msrp? I feel like it was more like 800-900, but I don’t really remember, so 499 for an 850 card from last generation seems… Not terrible?

What was the “real” sales price of the 3070, not the fake msrp? I feel like it was more like 800-900, but I don’t really remember, so 499 for an 850 card from last generation seems… Not terrible?
You can't use the crypto craze prices as reference. Even 1650s cost a zillion then.

3070 performance for 3070 prices. This seems like the LEAST appealing card from Nvidia of the current generation no matter what type of consumer you are.

This. MSRP on 3070 was $499 - but pandemic crazytown mining price was all over the map for everything.
Msrp was meaningless during that time, and I wasn’t alone in repeatedly calling out reviewers for using a bunk metric (msrp) to form conclusions in the reviews. Since basically none of the cards sold for msrp it wasn’t a good metric then, and isn’t a good metric now for comparison if the card can’t be bought for that (as far as I know, the 3070 isn’t in stock anywhere, let alone at msrp).

Msrp was meaningless during that time, and I wasn’t alone in repeatedly calling out reviewers for using a bunk metric (msrp) to form conclusions in the reviews. Since basically none of the cards sold for msrp it wasn’t a good metric then, and isn’t a good metric now for comparison if the card can’t be bought for that (as far as I know, the 3070 isn’t in stock anywhere, let alone at msrp).
That just means the 3070 wasn't good value either, due to the actual price, but this is not good value even at msrp, and you know it will be sold for more than msrp. I mean the 4070ti's msrp is supposed to be $800, but I have not seen one under €1100 here.

That just means the 3070 wasn't good value either, due to the actual price, but this is not good value even at msrp, and you know it will be sold for more than msrp. I mean the 4070ti's msrp is supposed to be $800, but I have not seen one under €1100 here.
There are 30+ 799 4070tis at my local microcenter, and I even see some at new egg:

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-14-932-590-_-01222023

This totally blows the doors of the availability of the 3070 2 weeks after release.

$350-400 and I'd snag one to replace the 980Ti in my kids' computer.

There are 30+ 799 4070tis at my local microcenter, and I even see some at new egg:
Maybe one day gpus will be available in the EU again for close to MSRP, I'm not saying MSRP, because that was never the case even before 2020.
This totally blows the doors of the availability of the 3070 2 weeks after release.
And that is not giving you a hint? It means it is not selling very well, which suggests people don't consider it good value. And you are comparing availability to when everything flew off the shelves, not because they were good value, but because of cryptobros.

You just can't directly compare prices or availability to 2021. It was an anomaly, not the new norm.

$350-400 and I'd snag one to replace the 980Ti in my kids' computer.
How old are your kids? Because If they were teens I'd be making them come to me for the upgrade and determining what needs to be upgraded and why. Otherwise they just own the "console" that the parents upkeep and give them.

How old are your kids? Because If they were teens I'd be making them come to me for the upgrade and determining what needs to be upgraded and why. Otherwise they just own the "console" that the parents upkeep and give them.
This is pretty much true. My kid was happy on IGP for the longest time, and probably still would be had I not gave them a hand-me-down. Now he still doesn't really care, but he's starting to notice things like FPS and resolution.

Maybe one day gpus will be available in the EU again for close to MSRP, I'm not saying MSRP, because that was never the case even before 2020.

And that is not giving you a hint? It means it is not selling very well, which suggests people don't consider it good value. And you are comparing availability to when everything flew off the shelves, not because they were good value, but because of cryptobros.

You just can't directly compare prices or availability to 2021. It was an anomaly, not the new norm.
My wish in 2021 was that they would raise the prices high enough that I could just walk into a store and buy a 3080 and I wouldn't have to screw around with new egg combo deals selling me junk, or subscribing to some inventory discord to maybe get lucky and get a card.

This is 100% vastly preferable. If the cards aren't selling now, they can start gradually reducing price till they are gone.

Become a Patron!
Back