NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Getting Price Cut by Mid-December, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA is planning to reduce the price of the GeForce RTX 4080 very soon, according to a report from China's MyDrivers that references Bobantang sources who claim the graphics card with starting MSRP of $1,199 is getting a price cut by mid-December.

See full article...

Oh, gee, I wonder what else is releasing mid-december? Hmmmmmm

I called this when the 4080 was released. Nvidia doing a money grab until they have to drop the price.

I dont see why they would cut the price on something scalpers are buying like hotcakes - oh right, scalpers are eating debt over these (YEAH!).

I like to see this as AMD putting some direct pressure on NV regarding performance to $$.

I have been very happy with my 6900xt.

I dont see why they would cut the price on something scalpers are buying like hotcakes - oh right, scalpers are eating debt over these (YEAH!).

I like to see this as AMD putting some direct pressure on NV regarding performance to $$.

I have been very happy with my 6900xt.
Maybe because even scalpers wouldn't buy enough cards to empty shelves. BTW scalpers are going to love the price cut as they can't even sell the cards at MSRP :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Besides "nobody" is buying the RTX4080 if they can get the 4090 for a "few dollars more"

We all saw this coming from miles away. The real question I have now is what impact will it have on the 4070 Ti and everything under it.

Hard to tell if this is just massive nVidia marketing blunder, or the result of the massive 3000 series overrun where they got caught (again) at the end of a mining boom cycle (or both?)

I think we all knew that prices and availability of 4000 series were going to be out of whack so long as this albatross of the 3000 glut was hanging out there. I admit I didn't know exactly how it would look - but something along the lines of what we got was more or less what I was expecting.

The question is - when or if it will swing the other way to be a bit more consumer-friendly? Are we grinding through the 3000 series glut? I kinda think we aren't there yet, as we just saw a new 3060 released rather than something lower tier on the 4000 series, and the 4070Ti (whatever) re-introduction has been so long delayed.

And will AMD's 7000-series card introduction put any pressure on nVidia to do anything? I kinda think it won't, at least for a while - until we get to the lower tiers; right now nVidia has already sold pretty much every 4090 they made, and they don't really have any pressure to push the 4080 against their 3000 series glut, and they have whatever they decide to reprice the 4070Ti coming out in just a few more weeks as a response as well.

Will be interesting to see how nVidia responds. So far, it's been a lot of "Shut up and we'll take your money" -- since so many people are willing to throw it at them.

Become a Patron!
Back