NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090/5080 Specifications Leak, Revealing 32 GB of 512-Bit GDDR7 Memory and 600-Watt Power Spec for Flagship “Blackwell” Gami...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The GeForce RTX 5090, a new flagship GPU for gamers and creators based on NVIDIA's latest "Blackwell" architecture, will launch with 32 GB of GDDR7 memory and a 600-watt TBP or TGP, according to new numbers that have been shared by a leaker online.

See full article...

Price, and reviews are all I'm waiting on. I'd like to get a Liquid Suprim X 5090 model if it comes out, very happy with the 4090 one I got a couple years back.

I eagerly await it being instantly sold out and scalped for 5k
Yeah I don't see myself going in on this round. The stress and anxiety that the 40 series cards gave me while trying to purchase one really wasn't worth it. I think back now and feel pretty dumb that I put myself through that honestly.

Well I skipped the RTX40 series, hopefully the 50 series is worth the jump from a RTX3070Ti, I don't really think I could go for a 5080, so I'll probably be settle for a 5070Ti

This right here. I'd prefer one with a pre-installed block. And my 2080Ti is getting a little long in the tooth.
I can see the appeal - and it does depend on how Nvidia does their FE 5-series - but I'd almost rather have the stock air cooler back in the box and available if needed. Both for potential second-use locally and for potential resale.

I can see the appeal - and it does depend on how Nvidia does their FE 5-series - but I'd almost rather have the stock air cooler back in the box and available if needed. Both for potential second-use locally and for potential resale.
I couldn't care less. I rarely sell my old hardware.

I couldn't care less. I rarely sell my old hardware.
Well, I don't either; I do however move parts to other systems, and pass them down to family members. In these situations there's rarely a new home for a WC part that has the appropriate watercooling infrastructure.

I don't want an over 450W GPU in my computer, but at the same time I want all the performance :|
I've been experimenting with the super resolution capability, and even ancient BF4 will pull over 400W just by upping the resolution by 50%. This does absolutely look much better than any native antialiasing game setting could produce, of course, but the game typically uses ~150W at the monitors native resolution. Quite a price to pay!

I think that a big motivator for any of us will be where efficiency lies with respect to performance and memory configurations. If the best mid-level SKUs ship with plenty of VRAM there may just be no reason to buy further up the product stack, as @Stoly mentioned above already.

I don't really care about the wattage, I care about the price. ;) :p
I care about wattage cuz I can't be having my equipment tripping the circuit breaker on my UPS. I came real close to that with the 3090 when I was on my X99 system. And I had to move some equipment off the UPS too (like a NAS and one of my monitors).

I don't want an over 450W GPU in my computer, but at the same time I want all the performance :|
My 3090 does 420W and that's pretty f*cking extreme to me. It was the first time in my life I had to really think about power usage. I had to play Tetris with the wattage of all my equipment after that 3090 was thrown into the mix. I'd like for my next GPU to not be quite as power hungry.

From 3090 and 3090 Ti to OC'd Liquid Suprim X 4090, I've definitely gotten a taste of that high-wattage scenario. Still happy to say the new case/builds I did over the summer are working out great but now that I've been playing other games while using my OC settings on the 4090, I'm seeing it hit in 450-515W range. This is basically with it at 2885-2910 MHz/ 22 GHz with temps holding in the mid-60s.

Become a Patron!
Back