NVIDIA Hits $1 Trillion Market Cap as CEO Discusses Possibility of Switching to Intel for Next-Gen GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Celebrations may be in order for NVIDIA executives and the company's long-time investors, as multiple outlets are reporting that the GPU giant managed to hit a $1 trillion market cap at the start of trading Tuesday—an exciting milestone that has only been claimed by a small club of tech companies that include Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet, and Amazon. "NVIDIA forecast $11 billion in sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2024 alone. The expected sales were 50% higher than consensus estimates of $7.15 billion," CNBC noted this morning, with the higher-than-expected numbers owed to the apparently increasing demand in hardware for artificial intelligence applications and other trends. NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang, who is probably in good spirits right now, also mentioned that he is open to the possibility of tapping Intel to manufacture its next-generation GPUs after being satisfied by the CPU maker's latest work.

See full article...

And the rich keep on getting richer.

Man AMD must be in the absolute dregs... they are 1/5th the size of Nvidia.

seems like over charging for video cards worked.

Last edited:
I'm sure all those checks coming from Elon and everyone else stockpiling their data center GPUs for AI aren't hurting things either.

I'm sure all those checks coming from Elon and everyone else stockpiling their data center GPUs for AI aren't hurting things either.

I'm not gonna lie as a gamer with interest in AI, I'd love to have an Nvidia card as it's now truly dual purpose for me. So my next video card will likely be another Nvidia card.

If we start seeing AI accelerator cores from Nvidia in other portable devices like phones, specifically for AI based acceleration.... that will be a HUGE win.

Become a Patron!
Back