NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GT 1010 Graphics Card

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-graphics-card-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has quietly launched a very weak graphics card called the GeForce GT 1010. We don’t suppose that this is anything that the modern PC gamer will get excited over, but it’s nice to finally see green team release a GPU that isn’t out of stock immediately and scalped to high heaven.

The GeForce GT 1010 was initially spotted by a YouTube user named Dapz, who noticed the new entry on NVIDIA’s official driver downloads page. While customer service failed to provide them the exact specifications, a TechPowerUp database entry suggests that the card leverages a GP108 Pascal-era GPU and features 256 shading units, 2 GB of GDDR5 memory, and base/boost clock speeds of...

Continue reading...

I just bought a GT730... because I needed an Nvidia GPU. Because Windows Server won't take AMD consumer GPU drivers at all.

And that's pretty much where I'd use this GT1010. I think I looked at GT1030 cards but they were more expensive; if I had a preference, it'd be for something that has the Turing or Ampere transcoding block, but as far as I know the lowest-end model with the Turing transcoder block is a GT1660.

It would be awesome if they'd stuff their NVENC encoder in to one of these cheap cards. This card has no place other than in a server, and even then it won't be needed that often.

This is news????
What????
Hello Bueler.......

Become a Patron!
Back