NVIDIA Launches RTX Voice Beta: Use Your GPU’s AI Capabilities to Remove Background Noise

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-rtx-voice-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

If you’re an RTX GPU owner who’s looking for a noise cancellation feature for streaming and whatnot, NVIDIA might have the perfect solution. The company has launched its beta for RTX Voice, a plugin that leverages RTX GPUs and their AI capabilities to reduce background noise from broadcasts, voice chats, remote video conferencing meetings, and so on.

“This allows users to ‘go live’ or join a meeting without having to worry about unwanted sounds like loud keyboard typing or other ambient noise in noisy environments,” NVIDIA explains. “RTX Voice also suppresses background noise from players in loud environments, making incoming audio easier to understand.”

After downloading and installing the...

[url=https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/04/18/nvidia-launches-rtx-voice-beta-use-your-gpus-ai-capabilities-to-remove-background-noise/]Continue reading...

This sounds pretty cool.

So is it both for your own microphone (transmit) and for incoming voice chats?

How much GPU load does it result in? Any noticeable loss in frame rate as a result?

Whats the cheapest GPU it works on? If it really is that good, maybe a dedicated processing GPU like back in the PhysX days would be a cool idea?

Last edited:
This sounds pretty cool.

So is it both for your own microphone (transmit) and for incoming voice chats?

How much GPU load does it result in? Any noticeable loss in frame rate as a result?

Whats the cheapest GPU it works on? If it really is that good, maybe a dedicated processing GPU like back in the PhysX days would be a cool idea?

It is for both input and output audio. You can individually select each, see attached image: rtx_voice.jpg
Note it says no devices attached because I have my headset unplugged right now.

As for GPU usage I'd guess extremely little as it's using the tensor cores that aren't exactly used a lot in game unles you are using DLSS 2.0 which is only in 4 apps right now. With that said you can use it with OBS while streaming and Minecraft RTX is using DLSS 2.0.

I guess the RTX 2060 would be the cheapest GPU for it given that it requires Tensor cores for the AI processing.

Here is the complete info from nVidia:

I would not buy a dedicated GPU for this as a good mic and wind screen would probably be cheaper anyhow.

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser Gaming Zero headset and a clickity clackity blue switch keyboard. When turning on the RTX software the keyboard disappears.... so it works as advertised. YMMV

It is for both input and output audio. You can individually select each, see attached image: View attachment 239
Note it says no devices attached because I have my headset unplugged right now.

As for GPU usage I'd guess extremely little as it's using the tensor cores that aren't exactly used a lot in game unles you are using DLSS 2.0 which is only in 4 apps right now. With that said you can use it with OBS while streaming and Minecraft RTX is using DLSS 2.0.

I guess the RTX 2060 would be the cheapest GPU for it given that it requires Tensor cores for the AI processing.

Here is the complete info from nVidia:
[/URL]

I would not buy a dedicated GPU for this as a good mic and wind screen would probably be cheaper anyhow.

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser Gaming Zero headset and a clickity clackity blue switch keyboard. When turning on the RTX software the keyboard disappears.... so it works as advertised. YMMV

Man, if I had a RTX series GPU, this would be worth it for my phone conferences from home, alone.

Become a Patron!
Back