NVIDIA Readying Tesla V100 Successor? Unknown GPUs with 108, 118 Compute Units Spotted

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-tensor-v100-tensor-core-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

_rogame has spotted two unknown NVIDIA hardware listings on GeekBench. The scores are impressive enough to suggest that they could be next-generation Tesla products – high-performance graphics cards that are geared toward the data center.

The first achieved an OpenCL score of 184096 with 118 compute units, a core clock of 1.11 GHz, and 24 GB of memory, while the second scored 141654 with 108 compute units, a core clock of 1 GHz, and 47 GB of memory.

That would equate to a CUDA core count of 7552 and 6912, respectively. (As VideoCardz notes, this figure can be derived by multiplying the amount of compute units by 64.) In comparison, the TITAN RTX and RTX 2080 Ti boast 4608 and...

Continue reading...

I have to wonder if Team Red is even going to be ready for this or if this is just tit for tat pushing of news. Will be interesting to see!

I doubt they'll have something to truly compete at this level but anything is possible. I suspect, based on recent leaks, that they're still aiming at previous gen top tier. It'd be nice to be wrong though. I've gotten in the habit of saving money towards the next top tier cards and if NV can deliver this along with HDMI 2.1 and PCIe 4.0 then I'll be in. Not gonna do it if they jack the price to another ridiculous level though. The 2080TI was my limit for now and that was only because I eyed Titans for so many years so the price wasn't as much of a shock,. Otherwise AMD's next thing might be the card for the 3700x rig.

Become a Patron!
Back