NVIDIA Reportedly Reviving GeForce RTX 2060 and GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-angled-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA is reportedly bringing its Turing-based GeForce RTX 2060 and GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER graphics cards back to the market. The news stems from French hardware site Overclocking.com, which claims that manufacturers have already received the relevant GPUs required to continue their production.

“Difficult to understand the logic of this information, but it is a reality,” the author wrote. “Manufacturers have received a stock of GPUs from Nvidia in order to re-manufacture RTX 2060 cards. The GPUs delivered by Nvidia would make it possible to produce the 2060 and 2060S.”

It isn’t clear why NVIDIA is reviving a last-generation product (Ampere shortage even worse than we thought?) or whether the upcoming batch of GeForce RTX 2060 and GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GPUs will...

Continue reading...

Easy the upcoming batch of 3xxx is already sold to miners even before it comes out of the fab.
But this will bite them in the *** later, I hope. Throwing their loyal customers under the bus for a quick rim job with miners.

They are working on how to exploit the markets for the most income. We are all customers to them and whomever is willing to spend the most gets the goodies.

Back when there were so many Maxwell variants I sometimes joked it seemed like spare parts were being thrown together over time. This reminds me of the same considering the known supply shortages for Ampere. Can't sell what you want then sell what you got. Sad thing is that a 2060 or 2060 Super really doesn't compete with any of the current Ampere cards. They all can pretty much outperform them so it's more like a stopgap for whatever may exist below a 3050.

Back when there were so many Maxwell variants I sometimes joked it seemed like spare parts were being thrown together over time. This reminds me of the same considering the known supply shortages for Ampere. Can't sell what you want then sell what you got. Sad thing is that a 2060 or 2060 Super really doesn't compete with any of the current Ampere cards. They all can pretty much outperform them so it's more like a stopgap for whatever may exist below a 3050.

So 2060 is the new 1660? At ofc increased price

Should have never cancelled the 2000 series, only refresh and simplify.
This is basic market stuff, don't really understand Nvidia sometimes.

Should have never cancelled the 2000 series, only refresh and simplify.
This is basic market stuff, don't really understand Nvidia sometimes.

Nvidia keeps a tight grip on the market, Partially because of SKU saturation.

Whoopsie! Someone ran out of product to sell but found a dumpster storage container full of last gen chips to sell instead!

Could be worse. Nvidia could be marketing these as being part of the 30-series (3050 MX?).

You beat me to it. They have done so many rebrands of old tech into current lineups... I'm a little shocked that isn't happening here.

Nvidia keeps a tight grip on the market, Partially because of SKU saturation.
Yes, so they couldn't do it the 3000 series obviously.
Regardless, they should have kept the 2000 series going for a while. Well, they are going back to it so good, I suppose.

I agree that they should have kept these around longer to help compensate the lack of 3000 series cards.

Become a Patron!
Back