NVIDIA Slashes Price of GeForce RTX 2060 to $299 in Response to AMD's Radeon RX 5600 XT

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has decided to lower the price of the GeForce RTX 2060 from its original MSRP of $349 to $299. The reason is pretty obvious: AMD announced a new Radeon GPU during CES last week, the $279 RX 5600 XT, which flaunts better performance than green team's own mid-tier cards, the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ($279) and GTX 1660 SUPER ($229). Due to the similarity in price but disparity in performance, NVIDIA was forced to respond.

As noted by AnandTech, NVIDIA had a choice of either cutting the price of the GTX 1660 Ti or its bigger brother, the RTX 2060. As we now know, the company opted for the latter, which isn't too surprising. The RTX 2060 is a more advanced GPU that should be easier to sell, as it offers both higher performance and modern features such as ray tracing.

With these perks in mind, NVIDIA is hoping that the $30 premium will be negligible in the eyes of gamers who are looking for a GPU tailored for a solid 1080p or 1440p gaming experience. Early estimates suggest that the RTX 2060 could outperform AMD's Radeon RX 5600 XT by as much as 20%.

Loving what competition does to the market - hopefully we'll see it again at the high end of the market later this year.

Now Amd just needs to lower the price on the RX 5700 and snatch that candy right back from Nvidia.

LoL "slashed".......
12 % reduction in price.
Nvidia seems to always inflate their prices, grab the cash, then wait to see what AMD does.....
That said, competition is a good thing .

Excellent.. very good, and a strong move.
I think at 300 it does change the value significantly.
AMD does need a strong response.
I guess the argument Nvidia won't do price war doesn't fly... I was arguing there should be a price war, and that AMD should have started it aggressively... AMD didn't, nowhere near the price massacre they done on Intel... Yet, in many ways, I am getting my price war! A slow one, but its there.

Become a Patron!
Back