nVidia stock tanks

Brian_B

FPS Enthusiast

So - not an OMG The Sky is Falling post - it could be a blip/dip. But it could also be the first sign of a bubble popping

I'm betting, regardless of which it is, we start to see a whole lot more news about 5000 series coming up, maybe strategic "leaks" - anything to get positive spin back in the news cycles and try to revert the trajectory.

The stock market is in a bit of a freefall combined with corrections right now but NVIDIA is going through some stuff as well, between a new DOJ investigation and rumored quality issues with samples of its enterprise Blackwell GPUs. I think in part this is why Jensen hasn't committed to any kind of announcement for the RTX 50 series yet. Everyone knows it's coming but the question remains will he wait until CES 25 or do something around the holidays?

I took a peek at the top GPUs in Steam's July survey and since there is a pattern of some folks skipping a generation, or more, between upgrades, NVIDIA could be looking at another huge amount of sales with this gen, when it happens. There are only 4 RTX 40 series card in the top 20 which means a lot of older cards still running that folks might think about upgrading from.

1723122309451.png

1650 being in second place is telling - a card that MSRPs for $150, whereas the least expensive 4000 series MSRP starts at double that price

Yeah / there appears to be some pent up demand, but … not at any price

A good place for Intel to get some major market share if they would get the parts out

Become a Patron!
Back